Monday, September 26, 2011

Granddad Pete and Grandma Edna

My grandparents live in Florida and the last time we saw each other was 3 years ago when Ryan was born.  They are getting older and so it is tough for them to travel but they were able to make the trip this year!  Ryan was 3 months old when all my sisters, mom and dad went to visit last, so of course he didn't remember them.  Well, he fell in love with them INSTANTLY!  They came to Vegas for 4 days and then went to Utah for 5 days.  We saw them 3 days in a row and it was so great. We only ever went out to eat because they were either sleeping or sight seeing during the other hours and I didn't really want to go downtown with both kids without Chris.  They eat out for all 3 meals...even at home. What a life huh?  They have a group of friends they go with and I think it's adorable that they just love getting together with other people their age.  They loved meeting Paige for the first time, but the feeling wasn't mutual.  Not really sure what her deal was, but it was kind of funny that as soon as Granddad would hold her she would scream!  I wish I could have gotten more pictures and at least one of all of us, but I didn't. My grandparents are some of the sweetest people I know. I've never lived close to them but they've always made me feel like I was important to them. They never miss a birthday or anniversary or holiday! They always send cards and call to say hello and that they love us.  Granddad will always sing Boom Boom Ain't it Great to be Crazy whenever you ask and he always says "mmm uh" when he finishes a sentence. Can't wait to see them again!

1 comment:

Mandi Roth said...

What a fun time you had with them. Glad you they came to visit you! :) They seem like a sweet couple.