Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Sleeper
Miss Paige is an ok sleeper. I guess compared to how Ryan was she's much better. We can't get her to sleep in her bed-just her vibrating napper in the pack-n-play. She's been going to bed around 11 or 12 and waking up around 3 or 4 and then again around 6 or 7. She's pretty good about going right back to sleep after the middle feeding, but in the morning she and Ryan wake up around the same time so I just keep her up. This particular day that I took the pictures she was soo tired and I got her up to feed her and I had to give her to Chris for a minute so he just put her down on the couch while he helped Ryan with something. Well, she never woke up---she never does this, so to me it was so cute. I think we're getting to a point where we can just lay her down semi awake and she can put herself to sleep, which is best. Trying to get situated with moving and me being a person who has to get out during the day she has been really great in the car. Ryan would scream---SCREAM--- anytime I was in the car or not holding him.
I don't do well with nursing away from home-so I try and avoid that and just get out in between feedings.
Having a 2nd child has been quite the adjustment. I think the timing has been difficult with moving and Chris starting Grad School, but we love Paige so much and sometimes when I'm holding her I just get this overwhelming feeling of love that I can't even describe. It always makes me think of how Heavenly Father must feel about us and it gives me goosebumps. I'm so thankful to be a parent. I may not do everything right, but I do the best I know how to. I was reading in the Ensign this month a quote Pres. Monson said. "To you who are parents, I say show love to your children. You know you love them, but make certain they know it as well. They are so precious. Let them know. Call upon our Heavenly Father for help as you care for their needs each day as you deal with the challenges which inevitably come with parenthood. You need more than your own wisdom in rearing them."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Love that quote you put up there! We need to get together again...maybe have an outing somewhere fun?
You have no idea how much I needed that quote. Thanks for posting it! :)
Post a Comment