



The move to Vegas went better than expected and we made it here alive! Since we had stuff at my parents house and Chris' parents house and a couch in Provo we had quite the busy moving schedule. We loaded up our 16 ft truck in Centerville will LOTS of help from the young men and Rick and the boys. I seriously was scared when I saw how full it was and that we still had to fit our stuff from the Harris' in it. Chris was confident though and good thing. Dawn watched Ryan all morning which was sooo helpful. I did what I could but mostly just had to watch Miss Paige. So Chris drove to Provo and delivered some couches and washer to the condos that he had taken down in the truck for my dad. He got our couch that was in storage and then headed to his parents house to pack up there. Instead of driving back home he just stayed there for the night. Ryan slept in our bed since his was packed up. He didn't really sleep very well and woke up really early. Paige was up a lot as well, but we left around 9:30. It was hard saying good-bye to my dad and Dawn's family. Ryan LOVES all of his cousins, but living right next to Dawn for a year Ryan got really attached to them. He still asks to go "play toys at Dawn's."
So, at first I was really set on flying down with Ryan and Paige because I really didn't want to deal with trying to entertain Ryan and juggle 2 1/2 week old Paige, but I was talked out of it. The drive went by really fast and I was so anxious to get here. We stopped once in Cedar City to get lunch and let Ryan play at McDonald's. He pooped twice within the half hour we were there so I was glad we didn't have to stop and change him in the car. Paige did great and slept the whole time except for when I had to feed her-which was in Cedar. We made a second stop in St. George to get gas at Costco. My mom drove most of the way, but we switched in St. George. It was so nice having someone to drive with. Chris drove the truck, his dad drove the Accord and his mom and Kaytlyn drove in their car. Once we got into Vegas Chris' dad text him and told him to take 215 to get to our place because I15 had bad traffic. It took what seemed like forever to get to our house but it was perfect timing because Chris had to go get the keys from our landlord's assistant(our landlord lives in Alaska) and so he got to our house a little before we did. Paige was hungry so Chris set up the lazy boy upstairs and Ryan played with Kaytlyn outside. He was really excited to see her and his grandparents. A couple people from our new ward came to help which was nice.
I didn't take one picture of the move-just Ryan in the car. He played cars, looked out the window and pointed to what he saw, took two naps, watched a movie, ate snacks, and played with mom. Love this little guy :)
Let me tell you about this "baby blankie." It's pink and it's Ryan's favorite one. It's the one he always wants to take with him even though he has 2 blue ones just like it. My mom bought this for Paige a long time ago and when Ryan saw it and that it was a little softer than his blue ones he started using it. I really didn't care at first because I didn't think he would make it "his." When Paige was born and I needed to borrow a blanket for her-HE THREW A FIT when I grabbed his "baby blankie." Are you kidding me?! So needless to say, he always offers me his blue ones if I need a blanket for Paige.
No comments:
Post a Comment