Monday, August 16, 2010

The Tale of 3 Glasses

Old Ones
Favorite New

There ONCE was a pair of favorite glasses
They had been worn for 4 wonderful years
They'd traveled to far places and seen many
beautiful things
They even saw a baby being born
Little did they know, that that little
stinker
would end the life of that pair of glasses
Another pair of glasses, older but nice
would have to suffice
Headaches and blindness came and stayed
and so this pair would have to go too
To Target I went to find a pair like the favorite
I squeezed my lenses in and left with a smile
That same day we traveled to Colorado
and witnessed the beauty there
We came home and 1 week later the baby's father
stepped right on them and those glasses were no longer
Frustrated and mad I wore the older but nice ones
Headaches and blindness came back and stayed
Soon realized that the new ones were under
warranty still and
so I went to Target to get another pair
new and "free"!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

i loved favortie glasses!!! i still have mine and i love them. have i told you lately that i miss you? are you living in centerville now? i happen to live in slc :)