Saturday, May 1, 2010

Road Trip

We stayed in St. George at Chris' aunt's place and had a blast. The weather was AWESOME and we had such a fun time. My niece, Breanne who goes to Dixie came over and sat at the pool with us for a while and it was fun chatting with her since we don't get to see each other very much. It was so nice to have a place to stay and are so thankful for family that let us do that!


This was on the drive down to Vegas on Saturday afternoon. I love the sun. So I opened up the sun roof and took full advantage. :)
The City Center. It's the newest hotel in Vegas and very interesting. It's mostly condos and apartments that people buy and live in. Only one building is a hotel. The casino is in it's own separate building because they said not everyone likes to walk through a casino to get to their hotel. I think there are 6 different buildings and they all have very funky and modern artwork and architecture to them. The building with the shops you aren't even allowed to smoke in. That's the only one we went into and it was so nice!
We were trying to figure out what this was supposed to be...
The real reason why we went down was to see the Lion King. Our friends Marissa and Jake told us about the student ticket price of $20 and so we jumped on that quick. Although we spent the money driving down there it was still so worth it and we had a great few days spending time with Josh and Melissa. The play was great and well worth it and we ALWAYS have fun with the Shaw's no matter what we're doing!
Did I forget to mention that we left Ry with Chris' parents? Yes, it was so nice to have a few days away and Ry had a great time with his grandparents. He slept great, played hard and made a mess for them to clean up! I thought I would worry more than I did. When we got home I told my mother in law that we'll have to stay for a week next time! Thanks so much for watching Ry!!

3 comments:

Janel said...

That sounds like so much fun!! That's GREAT that you guys were able to do that, get away with great friends and enjoy each others company!! So jealous! You gotta be grateful for family :)

Brittany Noelle Scott said...

aww, this looks so fun! I am in desperate need of a fun trip. Karen - just because you moved doesn't mean you changed your number too, you better call me back! :)

Bethany said...

TWENTY DOLLARS?!?!? how did you find that deal?? i'd love to go see it.

ps. i never see you. i hate it.