Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Holiday's

A few pictures from Christmas. My camera was dead so I was only able to get a few pictures on my camera with my family and then I borrowed my father in law's on Christmas day. You would think that I would have remembered to charge it before we left but it didn't even cross my mind. We had a very simple but great Christmas this year. Ryan got a rocking horse from his great grandparents(oma's brother, Bob made it) and has loved it so far. He got a few other toys that so far he has actually played with so we are happy about that! We spent Christmas Eve with my family at Nancy's house. We had an awesome Prime Rib dinner along with lots of other stuff. We exchanged gifts and just had fun watching the kids be with each other. Wish I would have gotten a picture of all 12 of them but the camera died. We slept at the Harris' that night and all got up around 7am to open gifts. The rest of the family came around 1 and we had Christmas lunch and exchanged gifts. Ryan and Kaytlyn had soo much fun playing together and Ry was exhausted by the end of the day.
Before Christmas:
Thursday the 17th Chris' side of the family had a Candy Day at Aunt Nat's house in Highland. It's always fun to see all of his family around the holiday's.

The next night(Friday), my sisters and I had our yearly "Bake n Wrap." Breanne was able to come since she was done with finals. We make neighbor treats and then stay up wrapping all of our Christmas gifts and have a sleep over. This year we had it at Nancy's and we made Peppermint Bark, Mint Ritz(taste just like the girl scout cookies), and Chocolate covered Cinnamon Santas, stayed up till 3 and laughed A LOT. Chris was an awesome Dad and stayed with Ryan both nights.
My parents were able to spend time in Maryland over the holiday's with my grandmother. I'm glad they were allowed to be with family. I remember that being the hardest part of being on a mission. My mom text me and said she was glad to be with her mom but it was really hard not being with all of her children and grandchildren.
Saturday I met up with Chris and Ryan at his parents house because his grandparents were in town. We love it when we get to see them!



And, here is a funny video of Ryan that Chris captured one morning while I was still in bed. Funny kid he is.


1 comment:

Janel said...

Look like you guys had a great time during these holidays! I'm glad! I love the picture of Ryan in front of the car track toy with his huge smile on his face...super cute! That video is hilarious! Too funny!