Monday: Mom and Dad came over around 6:30 to chat and tell us about their first day at the MTC. Dad was made district leader which he was pretty excited about. They said they met lots of great people already and have enjoyed getting to know the other couples. The food was less than desirable...and they couldn't believe how much cereal the Elders ate! I'm glad I got to see them today. They looked so cute with their missionary badges on. They couldn't stay too long since they had "homework."
Wednesday: I got a text from my mom this morning saying they wanted to get together tonight so we met up with them at Goodwood for dinner. My mom said the devotional last night was great and it was so amazing to be there. They said the spirit is so strong in the MTC and mentioned they are learning the lessons in PMG and practicing them with other couples and volunteer "investigators." Chris had bishopric meeting so we couldn't spend too long together plus they had more "homework" tonight. My dad mentioned how much he loves PMG. They are coming over tomorrow for a home cooked meal. I'm trying to think of what to make!
6 comments:
unreal!! i bet that's a weird feeling...
I'm glad you have been able to spend so much time with them before they leave. What cute missionaries they make.
Oh my gosh that is crazy! At least they are close for now! Ryan is getting so cute and I love that seat thing in the tub... I gotta go get one! Hope he is sleeping through the night after that one night!
Wow! I haven't checked your blog in WAY too long. Here's my thoughts: Ryan is adorable, that is the best idea EVER for a baby swing... I'm totally going to do that with the next one, you take really good pictures, the temple IS wonderful, and your parents are so cute! Okay... now I promise to check more often. Love you guys!
I'm so excited for your parents. Your whole family will grow spiritually and emotionally while they are gone, but it's cool that they get to spend a couple more days with you until they really leave (slow transition). Have fun Thursday night.
That is so cool! Your parents will be great!
Post a Comment